We’re so excited you’re here! Here’s a short tour to get you started…
Who is this site for?
Teachablemath is a site for teachers and parents who are looking for math education resources and support, using Singapore-based strategies. If you are using Singapore curriculum such as Math In Focus or Primary Mathematics, you are in the right place.
A bit about us
TeachableMath is founded by a Singaporean family living in the greater Boston area. The principal teacher, Kar Hwee Koh, Ed. M., has been teaching math in premier schools in Singapore for many years before moving to the US. She founded the Lexington Singapore School in Lexington, MA to teach an integrated after school math program using Math In Focus and Primary Mathematics textbooks. In addition to teaching, she also provides lesson studies, coaching and workshops to schools, teachers and parents.
What can you find here?
Currently, these are the resources you can find on this website:
- Worksheets – Either topic-based worksheets or daily practice that can be used independently or as a supplement to your core math curriculum. They are aligned to the US common core standards and uses Singapore-based strategies.
- Lesson plans – Full year weekly lesson plans using either the Math In Focus or Primary Mathematics curriculum.
- Training videos – Based on the weekly lesson plans, Kar Hwee talks through some of the challenges, tips and strategies for each week’s topic.
- Guided solutions – Video worked solutions for Challenging Questions and Word Problems in the Math In Focus workbooks.
- Teaching Insight Articles – Periodically, we’ll write down our thoughts, experience and strategies for various topics in the US Common Core.
See all available lesson plans and resources arrange by weeks for each grade:
- Members Resources – Grade 1
- Members Resources – Grade 2
- Members Resources – Grade 3
- Members Resources – Grade 4
- Members Resources – Grade 5
How can you access these resources? (and are all these resources free?)
The best way to access these resources is to join our membership program. Members have unlimited access to all resources and also receive support and help in using them. In addition, there is a forum for teachers and parents to ask questions and receive support. We offer a 7-day free trial for all subscription levels.
Non-members would find this site useful too. Some of the free resources includes selected free worksheets, videos, and teaching insight articles.
Some of the premium contents, e.g. lesson plans, are restricted to members only. We feel that these resources are better used by teachers and parents with some support from us along the way. Read more about our membership program.
Questions or Comments?
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments, or just drop us a note to say hi!